Monday, November 07, 2005

Nanowrimo, Days 5-7

Well, I've made it through the weekend intact. I've written three more chapters, each over the 1,666 words and one over 2,000. I've got a total of 13,529 words now.
Things are going exceedingly well with Nanowrimo this year. Well, the writing sucks, so exceedingly might be an overstatement. But I'm not feeling stymied, it just seems to flow from me. Characters get deeper as I go, action develops and plot moves on.
Unfortunately, I still don't know where I'm going with all of this. I need to think further down the line and where all these characters are going to end up and what they are going to achieve. All in its good time though. In the meantime, I'm just glad things are working.
I see there is another blogger (and speculative fiction writer) who is doing Nanowrimo. Good luck Ruth Nestvold.

2 comments:

Madhypnotist said...

Good luck on nanowrimo. Ive come down with the flu with only about 3000 words down... plenty of time to catch up...but right now ... feel like crap.

keep it up

Brian said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Don't let the flu get you down. Spend a few days of full time writing and you'll catch up. Good luck to you.