Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Nanowrimo, Day 28: It's all over, folks


Well, I've done it. I've completed Nanowrimo 2005. This makes the third time I've completed the event. (I joined up last year, but gave up in the first week.) I did about 50,700 words. The story came to an end with the characters off on a new quest.
I feel a little depressed now that I'm finished. I didn't do as much with it as I hoped I could. I accomplished a few things though:


  • I finished the story.

  • I found I have a rhythm to my writing; a steady pace works well with me.

  • I found I need to work more on characters and to plan out a plot beforehand.


I also know I need to spend more time in my writing, not the rapid pace of Nanowrimo. I need to continue waking up every day and writing more, but do it methodically. That's what I hope I get out of this year more than anything: the will power to sit every day and write. We'll see. In the meantime, I'm a winner.

7 comments:

Prof. Hex said...

Congratualations man! You should be proud of yourself. Now get that sucker published!

Brian said...

You nailed it. That's the real thing I have to worry about, getting myself published. I need to start working seriously on revising what I do and making something of it. I'm not sure this novel is publishable, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be made into something that was.

Thanks for the support, Professor. Loved that Cthulhu Circus link by the way.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Way to go!!

Prof. Hex said...

Brian, haven't you heard? December is NaNoEdMo, National Novel Editing Month....but I imagine you could use a nap.

Brian said...

Hex -- Actually, it's March (http://www.nanoedmo.org/), but I'm probably not going to do that. Although, maybe I should. But you're right, I could use a nap.

Mike -- Thanks. You're almost there yourself. Good luck.

Prof. Hex said...

Wow, they actually have one. That's good they picked March. A little distance sets in by then. Pretty cool. I put up a post on Hex about your achievement and linked to your November posts for those interested in the process and the great links you provided. Congrats again.

Brian said...

Thanks Hex, that's mighty kind of you. I don't know how much "authorly insight" I actually offer, but thanks for saying so.