Monday, November 14, 2005

Nanowrimo, Days 11 to 14

I do indeed fall behind on Nanowrimo on the weekends. I wrote every day, but each day was just short of the 1,666 minimum I need. I was ahead of the game before the weekend began and I wrote about 1,800 words today, so I'm probably still ahead of where I need to be. In fact, my word count is now over 25,000 words, so I'm more than half way there. And tomorrow is the half-way date. But each day does drag a little. As long as I don't try to overwrite (push myself too far beyond the 2,000 word a day goal) I seem to be OK.
At Fast Fiction, Cybele is only on her fourth writing day and she has more than 16,000 words. She says she's behind where she wants to be, but I can't see her not making it at this point.
Not too much other Nanowrimo news out there. Hope everybody's keeping their word counts up.

2 comments:

Cybele said...

I ended up writing for another hour and a half last night so I'm up to 19K or so. Still behind for halfway day, or maybe I'll write tomorrow.

My novel is going nowhere, but that's nothing new. I think it might need to be about 65K to come to a real conclusion instead of those hasty ones I usually do.

Brian said...

Looking at your history lessons, Cybele, I have no doubt that you'll be catching up and far exceeding me in no time. You always seem to get a head of steam up at the end of the month. Me, I'm surprised how well a nice steady pace works for me.
Good luck with the story aspect. I've got a whole bunch of strands coming together in a rather catastrophic way and I'm trying to figure out where it's going to go from here. Could be the danger point.

Brian.