Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Other people's 15 book facts

I enjoy memes, though I rarely do them here. But there's a recent one I've enjoyed immensely. It's called the 15 Facts about Me and Books. It's been all over the place and the answers people give are unfailingly interesting. So, I'm going to take it up soon and write my own. But in the meantime, I've been so fascinated by it I've started tracing back through the people who have done it. It started with Book Banter who said:

So you know that meme 100 Things where you list a whole bunch of things about you? I thought it would be fun to do the same thing for books, but 100 was too many. Hell, it was hard to come up with 100 things about me when I had free reign and could talk about anything. Containing it to just books was hard. So I kept lowering my standards until I came up with 15 book things about me.


You can find that original list here. After that, more and more people took it up:

Books, self-centered musings and Chocolatinis!; Blog Happy; Romance Reading Mom; Nocturnal Wonderings; Megan's Writer's Diary; Got It Going On; Words of a Writer; Writer's Domain; Anatomy of a Book Deal; Guilty of Being; Electric Mist; Oracne;Shaken & Stirred (this is where I first saw it); Whatever; Coalescent; Nick Mamatas; Jay Lake; Amanda Page; Marissa Lingen; The Little Professor; Karen's Place; Undefinable Qualities; Selah March; What Was I Thinking?; Kablammo; Elizabeth Bear; The Red Shoes; Jupitah; The Sibyl Queen; Tosy and Cosh; I, the author; emeraldcite; Yes I do mind; Dawno; Freelance Mother; Ronn's Ponderings; Rantings and Ravings of an Insane Writer; Death by Absurdity; The Clarity of Night; Simply Coll; My Bountiful Life; A Typical Life; A Typical Homeschool; Mother Crone's Homeschool; Nobody Knows Anything; Writes Like She Talks; Writing After Dark; Creative Ink; Virtual Lori; Bookends of Existence; Morrow Planet; Slices of Life; The Always Insightful Insights of Trent Hergenrader; Tawny's Web Journal; Kathleen's Blog; Pens and Swords; Mausi;Dreaming on the Edge of a Knife; Abrupt Change of Topic; Who Let the Blogs Out?; Sauscony's Books; Happy Dave; Deborah B; Riemannia; Bookseller Chick; Mark Teppo; Romantic Ramblings; Chapterhouse; An Innocent A-Blog one and two; Byzantium's Shore; Here in Korea; Tea and White Noise; Camy's Loft; Dreaming in Red; Mountaintop Architecture; Either/Or; Professor Hex; Kelli McBride's Web Log; Go Yuhan; MC Estoppel (scroll down to 12/15 entry); Nankin's Wanderings; Words of a Story; Naomi Novik; Cassandre; Brutal Women; yes_anesthesia; Book Geek; Joe Clifford Faust; Ben Peek; Paul M. Jessup; Blog'D; A Wolf Angel is not a Good Angel; Alec Austin; Behind the Stove; Jason Erik Lundberg; Mumble Herder; Liza was here; Life Off Balance; Bookgasm; and Brian Keene. Mark Siegal offers 1.5 things about me and books and writing.

John Scalzi (Whatever) came up with a variant called 15 things about writing. The only people I've seen follow that one are Cherie Priest; Naomi Kritzer; Flickering Flames; Byzantium's Shores; Notes from the Shadows; Joe Clifford Faust; Happy Dave; and Kristine Smith. The two memes are combined at My Invisible Husband and Midnight Writings.

There's lots of interesting in those links so check them out. If you know of others, or have done your own, let me know and I'll try to add it in.

6 comments:

Brian said...

I've added you to the list and I'll be checking out your blog. Thanks!

Karyn Lyndon said...

Thanks for the link, Weirdwriter...

Karyn

Brian said...

Thanks for stopping by Karyn.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea how many people did the meme!! Thanks for keeping track and making such a complete list. Now I'll have to spend some serious time going through the lists I missed!

Brian said...

Glad you like it and glad to be of service. It was a great idea you came up with and I just got interested in it.

Andrea R said...

Oh wow, I wondered how this started! Thanks! :)