Friday, February 13, 2004

I just saw Comic Book the Movie. It was fun and weird. It's no cinematic treasure, but if you're into comic books, it's a good time. Anyway, there was this one guy in the film, and even more so in the deleted scenes, hawking his comic book. He was great, a P.T. Barnum of the comic book. So I started looking through the Comic Book The Movie Forums and found this entry from the man himself:
"I, Devin T. Quin, being of reasonably Unsound Mind and the body of an individual who engages in moderate regular exercises invite You All to buy My Fine Comic Book:
Robots R' Cool, Zombies R' Jerks.
It will enrich your life and the lives of all around you as you read it, stranger or friend.
We are working on our Website: www.deadfishcomics.com
In the Meantime, please e-mail me directly at unkiedev@aol.
The book is 1.75, plus 80 cents shipping. We do offer discounts for bulk orders, and are ALWAYS excited to talk to retailers, for they are the Mighty Cogs that keep this industry turning. Let me know in your e-mail if you run a store.
-Thanks so much for all the attention and support. May the Bat of Success Fly down all of our throats.
-Devin T. Quin, Citizen."
I don't know if the comic is any good or not, but it looked great in the movie and I'm willing to give it a try. Check out the Web site and see what you think. They say they will have a Pay Pal button up soon to order the comic at $1.75. Cheap!

No comments: