Wednesday, February 18, 2004

At 16bit.com, a Web site about toy news, they included this interesting tidbit: "While touring Toy Biz' room on Monday, we heard and read an interesting detail. In 2005, there will be new DVDs of all the Lord of the Rings flicks with additional footage and what have you. I asked if these were just repackaged extended editions, and was told that these are like 'extended extended editions.' You might be saying 'wait a minute, Adam, I didn't hear this anywhere else!' Well, neither did we."
If this is true, it's going to piss me off. How much money do they want to soak off Lord of the Rings fans? I enjoyed the movies and waited to buy the extended editions (and I'll buy the extended edition of "Return of the King") but if they think I'll be buying yet another edition of the movies, they've got another thing coming. Why can't movie companies just make one definitive edition of a movie and leave it at that? Why hold back on footage? Must it all be about the money? Silly question, I know.

No comments: