Monday, February 16, 2004

According to my giant monsters mailing list, a professor Bill Tsutsui is writing a book about Godzilla:
"I am a professor of Japanese history (and lifelong Godzilla fan) who
is currently completing a book entitled "Godzilla on My Mind" which
examines the Godzilla films and the monster's enduring popularity in
the United States. The book will be published by Palgrave Macmillan
in October 2004."
He's looking for photos of Godzilla fans with their collections. You can reach him at this address if you're interested: btsutsui@ku.edu
I don't have a large enough collection for that, but the book sounds fun. I can't wait for it to come out now. It's probably one of many that will be coming out for Godzilla's 50th anniversary this year. (That's the 50th anniversary of the film in Japan. Godzilla came out in 1955 in America.) I hope so, I'm always on the look out for new books about giant monsters.

No comments: