Friday, August 26, 2005

Go read

There's good fiction out there on the Web:

M Rickert's new story Anyway is up at the always reliable SciFiction. I haven't had a chance to read it yet, but it's getting rave reviews and I've enjoyed her many stories in the Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. But don't take my word for it, read what Matt Cheney has to say about her story Cold Fires. You can also read an interview with M. Rickert at Ideomancer.

Also online is "The Language of Moths" by Christopher Barzak. It's a touching story about growing up, autism and talking with insects. (Found via Jeff Ford's blog.) I read the story when it first appeared in Realms of Fantasy magazine, which doesn't get enough acknowledgement for the good work it does. Realms was where I first read authors like Tim Pratt and Jay Lake. Also, Gahan Wilson's column introduced me to many of my favorite writers, including Jeff Vandermeer.

No comments: