Thursday, September 11, 2003

Ahhh, Varan The Unbelievable, what a terrible movie. Actually, the Americanized version is a terrible movie. I just watched my Something Weird copy of the movie last night. You spend an hour and 15 minutes watching Myron Healy complain about his saline solution and then get a few cut up moments of Varan (strangely called Ombaki in the movie) smashing buildings.
But I love Varan, the monster. I hope to get a copy of the original Japanese film soon. Varan's design is just strange. He walks on all fours, sometimes. He's got a hard shell, sort of. He flies, occasionally. He's got a line of bright white spikes down his back. But he looks really cool taking out small Japanese villages.
Anyway, I've been in the mood for giant monster movies lately, so expect some more kaiju-related links and reviews soon.

No comments: